We’ve done it. We’ve weathered the heat, surviving a full week as a 'tropical country'. It hasn’t been easy, but with a little help from James Patrice, we can all make it through.
Just avoid the gulls.
If you have little ones who haven’t been enjoying the warmer nights, here are some expert tips on how to make them more comfortable.
We’re also gearing up for indoor dining, we think. Either way, be prepared with these fabulous summer night outfit ideas.
It is not oven weather. Get out there and enjoy the best beer gardens, chippies, food trucks, and other outdoor dining options in Munster.
Today marks 10 years since we lost one of the most recognisable voices of modern times. Read about Amy Winehouse's visit to Dingle here.
Ask Audrey is not very happy with the ‘Douglas wans’ this week. Listen here.
And Tom Dunne’s teenage daughter has discovered Tiktok but has never lost her love of Fleetwood Mac. Read here.
- If there was ever a week for iced coffee, it’s this one. Make this easy iced macchiato immediately.
- Loads of shops are holding sales this week, like Asos, & Other Stories, Harvey Norman and more. Here are some other savvy shopping tips.
- If you’re worried about how to care for your garden in this heat, thegardenshop.ie has some great tips. For example, irrigating your plot in the mornings to a water depth of at 8” and shading vegetable plants like lettuce, coriander, pak choi, red onions, broccoli, and spinach to avoid bolting.
- If flies are driving you insane, try Denise O’Donoghue’s hack.
- Treat of the week: Iceland’s new range of Biscoff ice cream. Yum.
- In our shopping baskets: The Kilkenny Shop has dropped a new collection featuring designers such as Powercut Clothing and Flowstate Yoga in shops and online.
"Ah God, Ted, I'm so happy. The sun is out and we're in an opticians. It doesn't get any better than this." pic.twitter.com/FBeycWcwl1— Father Ted Quote of the Day (@FrTedQOTD) July 17, 2021