Paul Pogba must decide where his future lies, declares Juventus boss Allegri

Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri will not stand in Paul Pogba’s way if the French midfielder decides to leave the Turin giants this summer.

Paul Pogba must decide where his future lies, declares Juventus boss Allegri

Pogba was an important member of a Juve side that won a Serie A and Coppa Italia double this season as well as reached the final of the Champions League.

Numerous clubs including Manchester City, Barcelona and Paris St Germain are thought to be interested in prising the 22-year-old away from Turin.

The France international, who joined Juve on a free transfer from Manchester United in 2012, is worth a reported £80 million.

“A Pogba transfer? Obviously it would be a decision made by the club and not by the technical team,” Allegri said to Gazzetta dello Sport. “When you talk about certain figures, it’s difficult to say no.

“But if Paul remains in Turin, he should do it with the right mentality and without having any regrets.”

Pogba has been a big hit since arriving at Juve three years ago and is under contract with the Turin giants until June 2019.

Allegri admits he is also uncertain on whether he will have Carlos Tevez in his team for the 2015-16 campaign.

The Argentinian forward is under contract with Juve for another year but has been linked with former team Boca Juniors while Atletico Madrid are also keen to sign the 31-year-old during the summer transfer window.

“It’s Tevez’s choice,” Allegri said. “But those who will stay must know that the work we will do next season will be even more intense than what we have done this campaign.

“I don’t want players that stop and look at what we have achieved in the past.

“This club has enjoyed four exceptional seasons and there’s no reason why we cannot repeat what we have done or even do better in the future, although it will be difficult.”

Real Madrid meanwhile have given a strong indication that goalkeeper Iker Casillas will remain at the club after putting their captain as the main player in their advertising campaign to promote the sales of their new Adidas jersey for the 2015-16 season.

Real have been strongly linked in recent months to acquire Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea and there has been rampant speculation in the Spanish media that Casillas would leave the team this summer, despite having two years left on his contract.

On Monday, Real have placed a photograph of five of their players on the main page of their website wearing the new jersey, with the 34-year-old Casillas front and centre.

De Gea, who is under contract at Old Trafford for another season, has failed to agree a new deal with the Red Devils.

Meanwhile Porto forward Jackson Martinez will make a decision in the coming days on where he will play his football next season.

The Colombia international has been linked with a move away from the Estadio Dragao this summer, with top European clubs including Arsenal keen to acquire the striker.

AC Milan last week confirmed their interest in the 28-year-old and reports in the Italian press claim Martinez is on the verge of signing, but he insists he has not made his mind up yet.

“I’m as close to Milan as I am to other clubs,” Martinez told sports newspaper A Bola. “In the next few days I will decide my future.” Martinez is currently in Chile competing at the Copa America with his national team.

More in this section

Sport Newsletter

Latest news from the world of sport, along with the best in opinion from our outstanding team of sports writers

Sign up

Select your favourite newsletters and get the best of Irish Examiner delivered to your inbox