The France midfielder initially struggled to make an impression at Etihad Stadium following a £24 million (€28 million) move from Arsenal in August.
The 24-year-old is still to replicate the high standards he produced for the Gunners last season but feels he is now settling into a rhythm.
Nasri has still completed the full 90 minutes just nine times for City but said: “It is always tough when you change and go to another team.
“You have to be involved 100% and at some points I wasn’t. Now I am starting to be settled and you will see a better Samir every week.
“You have to work when you don’t feel well and you haven’t produced what everyone expects from you.
“But I was always confident about my quality and you will see that.
“At Arsenal I was playing a little bit higher with three strikers and three midfielders. Here we play 4-4-2 so you have to work more defensively.”
Nasri’s move angered Arsenal fans but he feels he made the best move for his career as City chase the Premier League title while the Gunners labour in pursuit of a top-four place.
He insists, however, he takes no delight in Arsenal’s present situation.
Nasri said: “I don’t want Arsenal to fall down.
“I wanted for them to win the FA Cup or something because I have a lot of respect for the players there and the manager. But I know, since I started, I made the right choice.”
Nasri has previously voiced his hurt at claims his move was motivated by money and he says his early-season form was not hindered by the fee City paid for him.
He said: “I never asked Manchester City to pay £24m. It was a lot of money but every transfer now has a lot of money. The money is not my problem.”
Nasri will hope to retain his place as City host Porto in tonight’s Europa League last-32 tie. Nasri started as City underlined their intention to take the competition seriously by coming from behind to win 2-1 at the Estadio do Dragao last week.
Porto coach Vitor Pereira, meanwhile, last night claimed Manchester City’s complaint about alleged racial abuse of their players during the first leg is based on a misunderstanding.
City formally complained after monkey noises appeared to be directed towards Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure at the Estadio do Dragao last Thursday. But after UEFA yesterday determined Porto do have a case to answer, Pereira insisted any apparent taunts from home fans may have been chants of, “Hulk, Hulk, Hulk” towards their star player.
Pereira said: “I did not hear any racist comment.”