Aragones defiant on ‘racist’ claims

Spain coach Luis Aragones is confident he is not going to be punished for alleged racism even though the Spanish FA (RFEF) opened a disciplinary case against him last week.

The RFEF announced the investigation at the insistence of Spain’s Anti-Violence Commission, who want action taken over recent well-publicised incidents involving Aragones.

The president of the Anti-Violence Commission, Rafael Blanco, at the time called Aragones’ words inappropriate and is pressing for action to be taken.

Aragones, however, appears confident nothing will happen.

Aragones blames the press, rather than his own words, for the whole affair. “They said that I made a series of declarations that I never said, and even less of a racist character,” said Aragones.

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited