The Labour Court has issued a recommendation aimed at resolving the ongoing Luas drivers’ dispute.
It recommends wage increases of 15.6% to 18.3% at the company between now and September 2020.
The Labour Court also said there should not be a half hour increase to the working day for drivers, saying it had health and safety implications.
The ruling also recommends a review on pay and conditions to compare the situation of Luas drivers to those of other light rail drivers across Europe.
Thursday and Friday's half day Luas strikes are to be called off, as drivers consider the Labour Court proposals to end the dispute.
Owen Reidy of SIPTU says the cancellation of this week's strikes follows a request from the Labour Court: “That is a logical thing. We were asked to defer action last week when we were before the Labour Court.
“It is not unusual or different or new that we would be asked by the Labour Court to defer stoppages whilst members are considering these proposals and we would say that that situation would apply in these circumstances as well."