A Fianna Fáil councillor has won the right to legally challenge the €100 household charge because it has not been published in Irish.
The High Court has granted the right to Dublin City Councillor Thomas Brabazon.
Mr Justice Iarfhlaith O'Neill ruled yesterday that the legislation is unconstitutional because it is only published in English.
It will come before the High Court again in two weeks' time.
Sinn Féin TD for Meath West, Peadar Toibín, said it is a blunder on behalf of the Government.
"This individual has managed to convince the judge that there is a case to be heard on this issue," Deputy Toibín said.
"It's an example of a Government that has just been completely ignoring the Irish language aspect of this issue.
"And second of all it's just blundering - 85% of the population have already found, for whatever reason, that they don't want to sign up - as of yet - for this charge."
However Deputy Toibín admitted that the Government is likely to have the relevant translation completed in time for the March 31 deadline to pay the tax.
Meanwhile, nine TDs will ramp up their anti household charge campaign today by holding a press conference outside Leinster House.
Deputies Thomas Pringle, Clare Daly, Luke Flanagan, Joe Higgins, Joan Collins, John Halligan, Richard Boyd Barrett, Mick Wallace and Seamus Healy are calling on the 1.6 million householders who by law must pay the tax to boycott it.
So far, approximately 15% of those liable for the charge have registered to pay it.
Socialist Councillor Ruth Coppinger said she is confident the vast majority of people will refuse to pay the fee.
"By March 31 I believe we could have well over one million households taking part in a mass boycott - a peaceful campaign of civil disobedience against this charge," she said.
"(This) would force the Government to instead look at the super-wealthy who increased their wealth in the last two years in this country."