The state agency emphasised there had been no interruption to supply of ice to fishermen at any of the three plants, nor was there a risk to public safety at any stage, in the last week.
The ice production in the plants had been temporarily suspended on Friday last following an internal health and safety audit which detailed a number of risks to the safety of employees at the plants.
“In each of the three ports, fishermen availed of the service and at no stage were reserve stocks fully depleted. There was no interruption whatsoever to the service provided to the industry by BIM,” said interim chief executive Michael Keating.
“We are unequivocal in our commitment to the safety of employees as well as contractors and acted decisively to address the issues identified in the audit.”
Resumption of production followed an extensive review by health and safety experts at all three plants on Thursday.
Meanwhile, Francis O’Donnell, said the industry had not been impacted by the temporary suspension.
“Health and Safety issues are of paramount importance and extend to all areas of business, be they private or public. Once a safety issue is observed it has to be resolved.”