John Hennessy issued a statement, through the Law Society, after returning from the funeral of Ms Saulite in Latvia over the weekend.
The 28-year-old mother-of-two was shot dead in a professional assassination at the doorway to her home in Swords, north Dublin, on November 19 last.
After her murder, it emerged Mr Hennessy had been subjected to death threats and attacks on his home, linked to his representation of Ms Saulite. It also emerged he had been given garda protection.
In a statement issued yesterday, he said he had returned to his life and legal practice in Swords after spending two weeks abroad on Garda advice.
“For obvious reasons he will not discuss details of his security situation save to say he remains under Garda protection,” said the statement.
“He is extremely grateful to the Gardaí for their protection in the past and for their continued protection.”
The statement said: “His number one priority is to see the cold-blooded murderers of his client, Baiba Saulite, brought to justice. He appeals to everyone who can do to assist the Gardaí and to come forward with any information they have.”
The statement said Mr Hennessy was pleased he was able to express his “deep condolences” personally to the family of Ms Saulite.
He said he attended the funeral in Riga at the invitation of her family.
Mr Hennessy said he was very appreciative of the support he had received from the Law Society.
The president of the Law Society, Philip Joyce, called on the Gardaí to provide whatever it took by way of protection to guarantee Mr Hennessy’s safety.
“It is not merely unthinkable at a human level, it would also be unthinkable in terms of the damage to the State and to Irish society if any harm were to befall him.”
Mr Hennessy said he did not wish to give any interviews to the media.