The 69-year-old returned to speak to officers yesterday having been first arrested on Thursday on suspicion of sexual offences, and then bailed in the early hours of Friday morning.
He has been rebailed to a date in December, Scotland Yard said last night.
Starr, from Warwickshire, was released at around 5.20pm. He has consistently denied any involvement in the alleged abuse.
Last month he branded Savile “despicable” and “disgusting”, and urged police to interview him so he could clear his name.
His release came as solicitor Liz Dux said Savile’s estate, the BBC and three hospitals — Stoke Mandeville, Leeds General Infirmary and Broadmoor — are facing possible legal action by alleged victims.
Dux, representing more than 20 people who claim to have been sexually assaulted, said notice had been sent to “all interested parties” of an intention to pursue claims against them.
She said: “Their main objective is to get answers as to why their previous complaints weren’t listened to, to get some sort of compensation and to move on with their lives.”
Lawyers are also looking into the late presenter’s overseas assets, thought to be administered from tax haven the Channel Islands.
Savile’s estate, reportedly worth £4.3m (€5.4m), has been frozen in response to the mounting allegations.
NatWest Bank, acting as the Jim’ll Fix It presenter’s executor and trustee, yesterday revealed distribution of his assets had been put on hold in anticipation of legal action from alleged victims.
Savile’s relatives said they do not want a penny of his estate and called for the cash to be donated to an organisation to tackle sex crimes.
Savile’s nephew, Guy Marsden, 58, said his uncle was “a monster” and it was only right that the money should be given to a police-run anti-paedophile unit, and Savile’s victims.