Connections of the eight-year-old have the choice of sending him for the Group One feature on Saturday week in Berkshire, or waiting for the ABN Amro Goodwood Cup five days later.
“He’s fine – we have got a couple of options for him at Ascot and Goodwood,” said trainer Rod Millman.
“Nothing has been decided yet, but I think if he did run in the King George, he would run a good race.”
“We will have to see what happens and how Ascot is after all this rain, as they abandoned races over the trip at their last meeting.”
The track at Ascot is currently waterlogged in places after substantial rain on Friday, but clerk of the course Chris Stickels does not anticipate any problems for next week’s showpiece meeting at this stage.
He said: “We are waterlogged in places, there is some standing water on the track, but I would expect that to be gone by tomorrow.”
Aidan O’Brien has yet to firm up running plans for the King George. Although the Ballydoyle handler has ruled Eagle Mountain out of the equation, O’Brien can still choose from Scorpion, Yellowstone, Soldier Of Fortune – not quoted by some bookmakers – and ante-post favourite Dylan Thomas.
O’Brien told the Racing Post: “How the horses are early next week will be the main factor when it comes to deciding running plans.
“The ground will be less of an issue although Dylan Thomas does seem to be a much better horse on top of the ground.
“We will decide early next week on runners and it’s possible we will run a few in the race.”