Daniel Dubois’ camp to lobby for no contest after controversial Usyk low blow call

Frank Warren told reporters that the contest was spoiled by the referee’s decision to allow Usyk to recover after he was buckled by a low blow from Dubois  
Daniel Dubois’ camp to lobby for no contest after controversial Usyk low blow call

Ukraine’s Oleksandr Usyk celebrates after beating Britain’s Daniel Dubois (Czarek Sokolowski/AP)

Daniel Dubois’ camp said they are lobbying for a no contest following a controversial low blow call in the British boxer’s loss to world heavyweight champion Oleksandr Usyk in Wroclaw.

A ninth-round knockout ensured Usyk kept hold of his WBA, IBF and WBO belts with a 14th knockout win in 21 fights, much to the delight of the large contingent of his fellow Ukrainians who have resided in Poland since Russia’s invasion of their country last year.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited