Ballymun and Vincent’s set for final showdown

Ballymun Kickhams and St Vincent’s will contest the Dublin SFC final after respective semi-final wins over St Jude’s and Ballyboden St Enda’s at Parnell Park last night.

Ballymun and Vincent’s set for final showdown

Ballymun prevailed by 0-15 to 0-9, with Dean Rock and Ted Furman accounting for 12 points of their tally while Vincent’s proved far too strong for St Enda’s, winning 4- 12 to 0-15.

Holders Ballymun initially struggled and fell behind to a fourth minute point from Kevin McManamon.

Gradually, Ballymun improved and a brace of Dean Rock frees saw them take a narrow lead after 10 minutes.

Ted Furman was proving increasingly effective for Ballymun on the edge of the square and his three points from play within six minutes pushed Kickhams two points clear after 19 minutes.

St Jude’s were largely reliant on McManamon for scores, with his close-in free a minute before the break reducing his side’s deficit to just two points by the interval.

However, Ballymun were far stronger upon the restart, with Furman and Rock pushing them four points clear by the 35th minute.

St Jude’s struggled to create any clear chances and the goal required to reignite their challenge failed to materialise as Philly McMahon and Alan Hubbard impressed in the Ballymun defence.

Paul Maguire eventually managed a point for St Jude’s in the 47th minute but it proved a mere consolation as Ballymun eased home by 0-15 to 0-9 with Rock, substitute John Small and Derek Byrne adding late points.

The second semi-final was similarly clear-cut, as three first-half goals helped St Vincent’s get the better of Ballyboden St Enda’s by nine points.

Diarmuid Connolly handed the Marino men the dream start with a glorious goal from a Tomás Quinn pass in the 3rd minute and Quinn was again the provider when feeding Ciarán Dorney for a facile finish at the end of the first quarter.

Ballyboden remained in touch through eight points shared by Andrew Kerin and Kenny Naughton but the concession of a third goal to Kevin Bonnie three minutes before the interval hampered their challenge.

A second goal for Connolly arrived four minutes after the restart with late points from Cameron Diamond and Shane Carthy confirming an all-Northside final next Sunday.

More in this section

Sport Newsletter

Latest news from the world of sport, along with the best in opinion from our outstanding team of sports writers

Sign up

Discover the

Install our free app today

Available on