The jury has been discharged in the trial of three Dublin men accused of murdering a 27-year-old Polish man on his way to work in 2010.
Edward Byrne (aged 21) of Cabra Park, Cabra; Martin Morgan (aged 20) of Tonlegee Road, Raheny; and Stephen Byrne (aged 18) of St Donagh’s Road, Donaghmede have all pleaded not guilty to murdering Lukasz Rzeszutko on October 4, 2010.
An injured Mr Rzeszutko was discovered outside his workplace in Newtown Industrial Estate, Coolock on the morning of October 2 that year.
He died two days later in Beaumont Hospital.
The trial opened last week before a jury of nine men and three women at the Central Criminal Court, but only one witness had been heard when Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy discharged the jury today.
He told the jurors that the trial could not proceed after legal issues had arisen.
“Some evidence emerged at a late date,” he said. “It hasn’t been possible for it to be coped with.”
He said it was unfortunate that the trial couldn’t proceed as people had come from Poland to attend.
“It will be tried by a fresh jury later in the legal term,” he concluded.