The charities nominated for the 2014 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle were named at a photo-launch on Saturday in Killarney.
The 180km cycle, which last year raised over €1m for local Kerry charities, takes place on Saturday, July 5.
The nine principal charities that will benefit from taking part in the 2014 Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle are:
* Acquired Brain Injury — Kerry Services;
* Ard Cúram Day Care Centre — North Kerry;
* Irish Red Cross — Tralee Branch;
* Kerry Friends of Motor Neurone;
* Kerry Hospice Foundation/Palliative Care;
* Kerry Parents & Friends Association;
* NSAC/Kerry Stars Special Olympics Club;
* Pieta House;
* Valentia Island Cottage Hospital.
All money raised will go to projects and services based in Kerry and will support the work the nine principal charities do across the county.
The event, now in its 31st year, is the biggest one-day charity fundraising event in Munster, attracting thousands of cyclists who complete the Ring of Kerry while at the same time raising funds for Kerry-based charities.
To date, the Ring of Kerry Cycle has raised over €5.7m.
PRO Cathal Walsh said he hoped the combined efforts of the cycle committee and the teams of volunteers from the charities would once again result in a successful outcome.
Online registrations for the 2014 cycle will open in March.