An unemployed dance teacher is expected to be sentenced today after apologising for falsely accusing 'X Factor' judge Louis Walsh of groping him in a nightclub.
Leonard Watters pleaded guilty to making two false reports to Gardaí that the pop music mogul sexually assaulted him in Dublin night-spot Krystle last April.
The 24-year-old, who was described in court as a Walter Mitty type character, is due before the city’s District Court.
Watters was warned at an earlier appearance he could face jail
A probation and welfare report on the defendant was ordered at the last hearing in early November.
Watters, a father-of-two from Navan, Co Meath, has previous convictions for breaching a barring order under domestic violence laws and driving offences.
The court has been told he had claimed the assault happened on Saturday, April 9, after Westlife had performed in Dublin’s 02.
Watters and Walsh had been socialising in a pub and travelled to Krystle together, he said, but at about 4am to 4.30am Watters approached a Garda officer on patrol on outside the celebrity spot on Harcourt Street alleging he had been sexually assaulted by Walsh.
The defendant was taken to Mountjoy Garda Station where he made the same allegation, before being examined at a sexual assault unit – which revealed bruising in his genital area.
Mr Walsh denied the allegation from the outset.
CCTV footage has shown there was no basis to the complaint.