Ian Kehoe resigns as editor of Sunday Business Post

Ian Kehoe announced today that he was stepping down as editor of the Sunday Business Post after four years in the role.

Mr Kehoe said it had been an "absolute pleasure and a privilege" and that he couldn't "speak highly enough of the team or the newspaper".

Mr Kehoe, 37, said he would remain in the position until a replacement had been found.

He was originally a reporter for the paper, after which he moved to work with RTÉ and then returned to the Post.

He will also be resigning as director of Sunrise Media, the company that owns the newspaper, which is controlled by Key Capital. The owners have had the publication on the market for some time but no buyer has been confirmed as yet.

Several of Mr Kehoe's colleagues paid tribute to him on social media today, praising his "outstanding work" as editor, as well as dedication to "proper, independent journalism".

- Digital Desk


Related Articles

Fianna Fáil proposes fund to secure future of quality journalism

Fianna Fail propose state intervention to secure future of 'quality journalism'

Kamal Ahmed appointed editorial director of BBC News

Mirror and Express publisher swings to loss as regional titles take a hit in UK

More in this Section

Sony sells three million PlayStation VR headsets

House of Fraser collapsed owing creditors €539.75m, hitting brands such as Gucci

Business Grapevine: Successful Irish tech companies to compete for €1bn in UK funding

US threatens more sanctions in Turkey crisis


Today's Stories

Doubts Donald Trump’s growth spurt can be sustained

More From The Irish Examiner