Former news editor says he did not ask PI to hack phones of Harry's friends

Journalist told court he did not commission a private investigator to blag information, hack phones, place listening devices, or track vehicles
Former news editor says he did not ask PI to hack phones of Harry's friends

Prince Harry arrives at the Royal Courts of Justice in London last month. File picture: Aaron Chown/PA

A former Mail on Sunday news editor has told the High Court he did not ask a private investigator to hack or tap the phones of Prince Harry's friends.

Paul Henderson, who worked at the paper and the Daily Mail between 1989 and 2005 in various roles, was giving evidence in the trial of claims brought by a group of household names, including Harry, against the publisher of the titles, Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL).

Already a subscriber? Sign in

You have reached your article limit.

Subscribe to access all of the Irish Examiner.

Annual €130 €80

Best value

Monthly €12€6 / month

More in this section

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited