A 16-year-old England fan is one of six charged following the violence in Marseille on the opening weekend of the Euro 2016 football tournament, French prosecutors have confirmed.
A 50-year-old English fan is also in a critical condition with severe brain injuries after being attacked by Russia supporters armed with iron bars.
But despite the behaviour of the Russian fans, who fought running battles in the streets and also charged at England fans in the Stade Velodrome after Saturday night's 1-1 opening draw, no Russians have been arrested over the violence.
Brice Robin, chief Marseille prosecutor, told reporters the British teenager was in custody and that he had personally spoken to tournament organisers Uefa to have his future tickets cancelled.
He said about 150 Russian hooligans had been involved in the trouble, describing them as "hyper violent" and "hyper rapid".
But he said just two Russian fans had been arrested, both for a pitch invasion.