Cesc Fabregas' agent Joseba Diaz insists he is in the dark over reported interest from Barcelona in the Arsenal midfielder, but admits he would listen to offers if the Catalan giants were to make a move.
Fabregas, who has been trailed by Real Madrid for more than a year, has been recently linked in the Spanish press with former club Barcelona, where he learned his trade before switching to Arsenal four years ago.
However, Diaz claims neither he nor the player had heard anything from Barca about the possibility of signing Fabregas, who is currently preparing for Spain's European Championship qualifier against Denmark on Saturday.
"I have spoken with Cesc and we are not aware of any interest from Barca," Diaz told Radio Marca.
"And if they do have interest… hopefully they do, because they are a great club, who play great football and Cesc was very happy there."
Diaz later told Marca newspaper: "Neither Cesc nor myself have confirmed the news, and the truth is that the only thing that we are concerned about now is the game against Denmark. What will come, will come.
"If we received an offer from Barcelona, clearly we would listen to it. It is the club which taught Cesc everything and it would be a compliment if that happened."
Barca's arch-rivals Real Madrid were keen to bring Fabregas back to Spain this summer, with the player himself admitting he had spoken to Real president Ramon Calderon and sporting director Predrag Mijatovic during the close season.
However, the 20-year-old Fabregas, who signed an eight-year contract extension with Arsenal last season, insisted last month he had no regrets about shunning a potential move to the Bernabeu to remain with the Gunners.