Soccer: TV cameras will be at grounds on strike weekend
Television cameras will be at grounds on December 1 and 2 and players are obliged to play in front of them, according to Football League chief executive David Burns.
The Professional Footballers' Association called a strike for that weekend whereby no Premier League or Nationwide League matches would take place if cameras were present.
But Burns insists television companies will not be asked to stay away from stadia and players will be expected to ignore calls for a strike.
Burns said: "Cameras will be at the football grounds that weekend.
"Players have an obligation to the clubs. They have a standard contract - if they are chosen and selected to play they are obligated to play. If they don't that will be a matter between them and their club."
Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore dismissed PFA claims that the £50m offer over three years was only tabled with substantial conditions.
"We have to get this matter resolved by December 1 - that is our deadline," he said.
"There is not one condition that has been attached to our offer, it is unconditional in a sense.
"There are limits, they are a charity. The PFA can only use it on certain things so we don't have a fixed view on how that money can be spent."
Scudamore also defended the initial offer made to the PFA amid claims it was derisory and started negotiations off on the wrong footing.
He said: "Where we started was a realistic point. We had no agreement, we need a new one, so starting with what we had last time is a good starting point. We have increased it significantly since then.
"We are now at a level where we think this matter should be settled. We have benefited from TV, the players have benefited enormously from TV. Not all our relationships can be linked to the size of out TV deal."




