Ex-Munster man Jack Daly earns two-year deal with Western Force

Western Force head coach Simon Cron said Jack Daly has "earned a lot of respect from the players for his work ethic and approach to the game"
Ex-Munster man Jack Daly earns two-year deal with Western Force

Kerryman Jack Daly spent seven years at Munster before being released following the 2024/25 season. Pic: David Fitzgerald/Sportsfile

Former Munster backrow Jack Daly has signed a two-year deal with Australian side Western Force.

After being released by Munster last year, the 27-year-old Kerryman travelled to Australia in a bid to earn a contract. A chance meeting with Force head coach Simon Cron led to Daly joining the club to train, before he featured in the new Super Rugby AUS competition. 

His performances earned him a place in the Force’s pre-season squad, and he went on to impress in trial games to secure a contract.

“Jack has had a full pre-season with us,” said Cron. 

“He has earned a lot of respect from the players for his work ethic and approach to the game.

“He’s a genuine on-ball seven and we’ve liked what we’ve seen from him. He’ll allow us to build depth in that position, with Carlo Tizzano and Kane Koteka also as options.” 

Daly spent seven years at Munster, three as part of the academy and four with the senior squad, but much of his time at Thomond Park was badly hampered by injuries.

Western Force get their season underway on February 14 when they face the Brumbies at home. Last season, they finished ninth of the 11 teams in Super Rugby Pacific, winning four of their 14 games. 

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited