Fallon fails to have 18-month ban lifted

KIEREN Fallon has failed in an attempt to have his 18-month worldwide ban reduced by the French racing authorities.

The six-time champion jockey was bidding to reduce the severity of the suspension on appeal, after he tested positive for a banned substance at Deauville in August last year.

Fallon, who earlier this week confirmed he was to link up once again with former boss Sir Michael Stoute in a work-riding capacity, will not be able to resume race-riding until August next year.

His French agent Herve Naggar said: “The ban has been confirmed after appeal.

“It is a worldwide ban that finishes on August 8, 2009.”

Despite yet another setback to his career, Fallon remains committed to returning to the saddle.

“It would have made a big difference to be able to return to race-riding at the beginning of the season next year, rather than midway through it. But at least the uncertainty is over,” said Fallon.

“There have been many jockeys come back from far worse situations than this.

“I really do believe that I can come back a stronger person,” he told the Independent.

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited