Ballylanders shake off St Patrick’s

Champions Ballylanders repeated their 2015 Limerick SFC final victory over St Patrick’s to accelerate their title defence. They recorded a 0-13 to 0-10 win last night.

Ballylanders shake off St Patrick’s

Four Kieran O’Callaghan frees had them 0-7 to 0-2 up at half-time.

They were 0-11 to 0-5 clear with 10 minutes to play but Eoin Hanrahan and John Mullane led the St Patrick’s fightback but Ballylanders held on.

Newcastle West and Ballysteen maintained their 100% records over the weekend.

Newcastle West had to come from behind to beat St Kieran’s, 1-10 to 1-8. Jamie Lee had a crucial goal for Newcastle West just before half time.

Four points from Stephen Kelly helped overturn a 1-5 to 1-3 half-time lead for St Kieran’s.

That advance was kick-started in the opening minute when Brian Crowley goaled. They had further points from Donal Nolan and led by six points at one stage.

Ballysteen were 1-14 to 0-5 winners over Adare. The winners were 1-7 to 0-3 up at the break. Inter-county man Danny Neville led the way with six points.

Dromcollogher-Broadford made it two wins from three with a 1-17 to 1-10 win over Rathkeale.

Eoghan O’Connor had a first-minute goal to help Rathkeale to a 1-6 to 0-5 half-time lead. Despite the early goal, Dromcollogher-Broadford were 0-5 to 1-1 up midway through the first half but points from O’Connor and Mikey Morrissey had Rathkeale leading at the break.

They led until the final quarter with points from Killian Phair and Derry McCarthy getting Dromcollogher-Broadford back in contention and then a Patrick Donnelly goal sealing the win.

Na Piarsaigh had their first win over the champions when Padraic Kennedy kicked the winner in a 0-12 to 1-8 win over Fr Caseys.

Na Piarsaigh were 0-7 to 0-3 up at half-time with Aaron Costello leading the way. John Riordan looked to have snatched a last-gasp draw with a late goal but Kennedy ensured the Na Piarsaigh win.

Monaleen also had a first win as they beat Pallasgreen 1-13 to 1-5.

A Ger Collins goal saw them 1-7 to 0-1 up at half-time. A Seamus Mulcahy second half goal couldn’t kick-start a Pallasgreen fightback.

More in this section

Puzzles logo

Puzzles hub

Sport Push Notifications

By clicking on 'Sign Up' you will be the first to know about our latest and best sporting content on this browser.

Sign Up

Latest news from the world of sport, along with the best in opinion from our outstanding team of sports writers

Sign up
Puzzles logo

Puzzles hub

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Irish Examiner Ltd