Carter set for further treatment

Ali Carter has revealed he is “not out of the woods yet” after being told his testicular cancer scare requires further investigation.

Carter set for further treatment

Ali Carter has revealed he is “not out of the woods yet” after being told his testicular cancer scare requires further investigation.

News of Carter’s illness was announced on July 1 with the 33-year-old undergoing an operation the following day.

The two-time world finalist said the operation had gone well and he had been advised to rest for a month, but writing on Twitter today he revealed that further treatment was on the cards following a follow-up appointment this morning.

“Further investigation is required,” Carter wrote.

“Seeing oncologist Friday now to talk through treatment options. So not out the woods yet!

“But staying positive and a big Thank-you to all my friends and followers for your continued support!”

The cancer diagnosis is a further health scare for Carter to deal with, having been diagnosed with Crohn’s disease back in 2003.

Carter, the world number 15, is a three-time ranking event winner and lost both of his world finals to Ronnie O’Sullivan.

More in this section

Sport Newsletter

Latest news from the world of sport, along with the best in opinion from our outstanding team of sports writers

Sign up