Women of Honour: Decision to bring terms of reference for Defence Forces tribunal to Cabinet a 'stunt' 

Women of Honour: Decision to bring terms of reference for Defence Forces tribunal to Cabinet a 'stunt' 

Member of Women of Honour Diane Byrne. Picture: Gareth Chaney/Collins

The Women of Honour have said Defence Minister Micheál Martin's decision to bring the terms of reference of the forthcoming Defence Forces tribunal to Cabinet on Tuesday is “a stunt”.

Diane Byrne said the group, which had previously called for the Defence Minister to be removed from the current process of setting up the tribunal to examine sexual, physical and emotional abuse within the ranks, do not know what the full terms of reference are.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited