A Dublin pharmacist has been praised after administering a life-saving Epi-pen to a 17-year-old girl.
The young woman had entered anaphylactic shock on Grafton Street after suffering an allergic reacion to a chocolate drink.
Pharmacist Sarah Chambers gave the teenager, who had a rash and swollen lips, two adrenaline pens as they waited for an ambulance.
The girl has since made a full recovery.
The ability to administer the Epi-pen in first response situations was brought into legal effect by the Minister for Health in October 2015.
Ms Chambers, who works at Hickey's Pharmacy on Grafton Street, said: "The patient explained that the last time she had an allergic reaction to nuts was when she was aged four.
"She displayed characteristic symptoms of anaphylactic shock including a rash and swollen lips and so we immediately called an ambulance. I then administered two adrenaline pens and stayed with her to monitor her condition until the ambulance arrived."