Applications for a judicial review, regarding the Regional Support Unit, were being taken by 12 gardaí and supported by the Garda Representative Association.
The reasons behind the application could not be confirmed, but the process was due to begin in the High Court this morning.
The Garda Representative Association confirmed to thethat the application had been withdrawn on Friday afternoon.
GRA sources said the case would no longer be going ahead and the issue had been “resolved”.
The case was taken by 12 gardaí, who had applied for a place in the sought-after, 55-strong armed unit.
The 12 included nine women and three men, who were stationed in various parts of the country.
The establishment of the unit had received a green light from the Department of Justice, late last year, but was formally announced after the Kinahan-Hutch feud exploded onto the streets of Dublin in February.
Garda Commissioner Nóirín O’Sullivan said the unit, which will provide a 24-hour service, would be operational by June.
This was clarified to mean training would start then and the unit would be active on the streets by September.