The hotel near Cork Airport picked up the award on a day when Aer Lingus grabbed two gongs for being the best short-haul and best long-haul airline flying west; both of them ahead of Ryanair and American Airlines respectively.
TravelMedia.ie and Blue Insurance were joined by category sponsors Amadeus, Shannon Airport, Dublin Airport, Great Lakes USA, London City Airport, and Nassau Paradise Island.
More than 160 guests attended the event at the Westbury Hotel in Dublin.
Emirates was voted the best long-haul airline flying east; Red Carnation Hotels won the best international hotel group award; and other big winners included MSC Cruises, Irish Ferries, Uniworld Boutique River Cruises, Sunway, GoHop.ie, Crystal Ski Holidays, and lowcostholidays.ie.
Travel personality Gerry Benson, publisher and editor of the Travelbiz e-zine, was handed a lifetime achievement award.
Best Non-Hotel Accommodation Provider — Airbnb
- Best Hotel Search Engine — Trivago
- Best Cruise Company — MSC Cruises
- Best Ferry Company — Irish Ferries
- Best Canal or River Cruise Company — Uniworld Boutique River Cruises
- Best Car Hire Company — Hertz
- Best Tour Operator (operates primarily as a TO) — Sunway
- Best Online Travel Agent (OTA) — GoHop.ie
- Best Ski Operator — Crystal Ski Holidays
- Best City or Short-Break Destination — Lisbon
- Best Summer Destination 2016 — Spain
- Best Ski Resort — Pas de la Casa, Andorra