Mr Nevin, aged 26, appeared before Mullingar District Court to answer two lesser charges arising from a fracas outside a public house in the town last April.
Four other members of his extended family were also in court on similar charges arising from the incident.
Mr Nevin, of St Anthony’s Cottages, Mullingar, had initially been charged with the public order offences of being drunk in a public place and with threatening and abusive behaviour at Dominic St, Mullingar, on April 6.
It had previously been flagged to the court further charges in respect of the incident outside the Stillery Bar could arise.
The court heard that the incident involved up to 25 people fighting outside the public house in a late-night brawl.
The boxer had since been on bail in respect of the charges and one of the bail conditions was a ban on entering any licensed premises, including supermarket off-licences in Co Westmeath until the case had been heard.
He also has to observe a curfew from 11pm to 8am, but alterations were made to the curfew by Judge Hughes, including the temporary lifting of it to allow Mr Nevin to train abroad.
In court yesterday, Insp Jarlath Folan told Judge Seamus Hughes there was an additional charge against Mr Nevin.
The new charge would replace the two existing public order charges, he said, which were being withdrawn.
Sgt Damien Connaughton gave evidence of arresting Mr Nevin yesterday morning and charging him with committing violent disorder on the occasion of the fracas.
The accused had made no reply to the charge.
Sgt Connaughton gave evidence of separately arresting Joseph Nevin, aged 20, of Grange Meadows and Christopher Nevin, aged 22, of Grange Park, both in Mullingar, yesterday morning and charging them both with a violent disorder offence.
There was no reply from either of the accused to the charge and, in both cases, it replaces the existing public order charges which were being withdrawn.
Insp Folan said the DPP tried on indictment.
They are due to be heard in due course before Mullingar Circuit Court.
All three were remanded on continuing bail conditions to appear again at Mullingar District Court in October for preparation of the book of evidence.
A fourth accused — David Nevin — aged 24, of The Moorings, Ballymahon Rd, Mullingar, is also before the court on charges arising from the incident, but was unable to attend due to illness.
His case was adjourned until next week.