Thousands of job seekers from all over Munster are expected to attend the fourth free Jobs Expo event in the Silver Springs Moran Hotel on what will be its first staging outside the capital.
More than 100 recruiters, employers and careers experts are involved in the Cork Chamber-supported Learning Ireland-organised event.
Event organiser Vicky Kelly said they decided to bring the event to Leeside this year after the “huge response” from Cork people attending previous expos in Dublin.
“With the Dublin expos, we had people travelling up from Cork and queuing at 6am and 7am,” she said.
“We saw there was a real need to hold a recruitment fair in Cork, to cover the Munster region.”
Among the local employers who will be actively recruiting tomorrow:
* US virtualisation and cloud software provider VMware who are seeking to fill over 15 vacancies for IT and software developers in their Ballincollig office;
* Flawless Marketing wants to recruit more than 30 sales representatives in Cork and Limerick;
* Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide are recruiting more that 20 call centre staff for their Cork office;
* Technology design providers, HiberniaEvros IT in Cork, want to fill 10-15 vacancies in roles including IT engineering and development, project management and enterprise system administration;
* Westbourne IT Solutions, based on Forge Hill, want to recruit up to five IT network support engineers.
Other companies actively recruiting include Fund Adviser Europe, who are looking for team directors, sales coordinators and wealth managers in their Dubai office, and Canadian company Vermax, which has vacancies for heavy-haul truck drivers, heavy duty equipment mechanics, millwrights and industrial mechanics.
Canadian immigration consultancy, CICS Immigration, will also have a stand there to offer advice on making a career and family move to Canada.
Another firm, Effective Offshore, is also offering places on courses for people looking to begin a career in the oil, gas and renewable energy sectors, while CIT’s Rubicon Centre will be offering advice to entrepreneurs.
The free event runs from 12 noon to 6pm and those wishing to attend are advised to register beforehand on www.jobsexpo.ie.
Jobs Expo, will take place on Tuesday 10th September (12pm-6pm) at the Silver Springs Moran Hotel, Cork .... http://t.co/r1zsqCQ1Od— LEAP Coaching (@PatriciaTiernan) September 6, 2013