Hook granted judgment against Tribune Newspapers

BROADCASTER George Hook has been granted judgment against Tribune Newspapers in his €38,000 damages claim for defamation in a Sunday Tribune article published in October last year.

Barrister Conor Feeney, for Hook, told the County Registrar’s Court that judgment was sought because Tribune Newspapers had failed to enter any defence to his claim.

County Registrar Susan Ryan said she would grant judgment in Mr Hook’s favour and adjourn the matter to a future hearing for the purpose of assessing damages by the Circuit Civil Court.

x

More in this section

Lunchtime News

Newsletter

Get a lunch briefing straight to your inbox at noon daily. Also be the first to know with our occasional Breaking News emails.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited