Those on the panel are:
* Declan Collier: Dublin Airport Authority chief executive.
* Tom Considine: Former secretary general of the Department of Finance.
* Frank Daly: A former chairman of the Revenue Commissioners.
* Alan Dukes: Former minister, including finance, and ex leader of Fine Gael.
* Margaret Hayes: Former secretary general at the Department of Arts, Sports and Tourism.
* Adrian Kearns: Retiring chief executive of the National Development Finance Committee.
* Ray MacSharry: Former minister for finance.
* Rory O’Ferrall: Accountant with Deloitte & Touche.
* Ann Riordan: Chairman of both the Dublin Regional Tourism Authority and the National Standards Authority of Ireland.
* Anthony Spollen: Former AIB auditor.
* Dick Spring: Former Labour leader and Tánaiste and chairman and non-executive director with a number of firms.
* Joe Walsh: Former Fianna Fáil TD and minister for agriculture and current chairman of Horse Sport Ireland.
As part of the Government guarantee, AIB, Bank of Ireland, Anglo Irish Bank, Irish Life & Permanent, Irish Nationwide Building Society and the EBS Building Society must appoint two non-executive directors from the list of names for the duration of the State protection, which runs out in September 2010.
The Minister for Finance, Brian Lenihan also named the members of the independent committee, the Covered Institution Remuneration Oversight Committee (CIROC), which will review the pay and bonuses of the executives of the financial institutions.
That panel will be made up of: Vivenne Jupp, a former executive with Accenture and, at present, global managing director Risk and Quality reporting to the CEO of the Government Operating Group, also a member of the Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, and the Review Body on Higher Remuneration in the Public Sector; John Purcell, former comptroller and auditor general; and Eddie Sullivan, former Secretary-General Public Service Management in the Department of Finance and former Secretary-General in the Department of Social and Family Affairs.