From Food Truck of the Year to Newcomer of the Year, the ‘steaks’ were high at the Irish Takeaway Awards.
The inaugural awards celebrate restaurants and takeaways that have provided excellent food and service across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
Foodies from across the country gathered in Athlone’s Radisson Blu Hotel celebrate all things ‘cheeky takeaways’.
Wexford took the crown for The Champion Chip and Fish & Chip Takeaways of the Year while Cork’s Miyazaki topped the Asian Takeaway category.
As for some of the other categories, Chandpur in Donegal was named as the Indian Takeaway of the Year, Genoa Café in Warrenpoint, Down won Takeaway Team of the Year, and Burger of the Year was given to Denjoes Family Restaurant & Takeaway in Castleisland, Kerry.
Without further ado, here are the full list of winners in the various different categories.
- Cranky Yankee Corn Dogs, Dublin
- Johnny’s Ranch, Ramelton, Donegal
- Fire & Stone Pizzeria, Limavady, Derry
- Sphinx Stranmillis, Belfast
- Vocho, Galway
-The Gourmet Offensive, Galway
- Boxty’s, Galway
- Mammy Johnston’s, Sligo
- Chandpur, Donegal
- Mangans Traditional Fish & Chips, Wexford
- Miyazaki, Cork
- Genoa Café, Warrenpoint, Down
- Denjoes Family Restaurant & Takeaway, Castleisland, Kerry
- Café Nova, Castlebar, Mayo
- Pyke ‘N’ Pommes, Derry
- Bia Rebel Ramen, Belfast