US pop star Katy Perry was tonight crowned ‘Woman Of The Year’ at the 2014 Elle Style Awards.
Roar singer Perry was presented with her gong by pop princess Kylie Minogue at the glamorous award ceremony in London.
The 29-year-old ‘I Kissed A Girl’ singer is known for her campaign work for gay rights and her support of same-sex marriage.
Perry, who divorced British comedian Russell Brand in 2011 after just 14 months of marriage, recently recorded duet ‘Who You Love’ with boyfriend John Mayer, and the couple are rumoured to be engaged.
Guests including model-of-the-moment Cara Delevingne, singer Ellie Goulding, former Bond girl Olga Kurylenko and designer Tom Ford were treated to a champagne reception, a 1950s supper club menu and table butler service at the magazine’s 17th annual celebration of style.
Lily Allen, who recently returned to the music scene after taking a break to become a mother, was named ‘Female UK Recording Artist of the Year’, while Tinie Tempah – who earlier this week high-fived the Duke of Cambridge as he performed at the Baftas – took home the title of ‘Male UK Recording Artist of the Year’.
Harry Potter star Emma Watson was awarded ‘Actress of the Year’ and Happy singer Pharrell Williams was presented with the gong for ‘International Recording Artist’.
Fashion photographer David Bailey was presented with a Lifetime Achievement award by designer and director Tom Ford while Tom Hiddleston, fresh from his run starring in Coriolanus at the Donmar theatre, was named ‘Man of the Year’.
* UK Recording Artist Female: Lily Allen
* British Designer of the Year: Christopher Kane
* Model of the Year: Suki Waterhouse
* UK Recording Artist Male: Tinie Tempah
* Accessory Designer of the Year: Kate Hillier
* Man of the Year: Tom Hiddleston
* Red Carpet Designer of the Year: Emilia Wickstead
* Contemporary Designer of the Year: Isabel Marant
* Fashion Innovator: Nicola Formichetti for Diesel
* International Recording Artist: Pharrell Williams
* Actress of the Year: Emma Watson
* Lifetime Achievement: David Bailey
* Woman of the Year: Katy Perry