'The Fifth Estate' has been named 2013's biggest box office flop by Forbes magazine.
The controversial WikiLeaks drama, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, is considered the least successful major release of the year based on box office receipts in comparison to its budget.
The film grossed just $6m (€4.4m) worldwide based on a $28m (€20.6m) budget, it is claimed, which means it saw just returns of just 21%.
Second on the list - which only takes into consideration production budgets, not additional money spent on marketing - was Sylvester Stallone action movie 'Bullet to the Head', which is calculated to have seen a 36% return after grossing $9m (€6.6m) worldide on a $25m (€18.4m) budget.
'Paranoia', which starred a host of big names including 'The Hunger Games' hunk Liam Hemsworth, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman and Amber Heard, ranked third with global takings of $13.5m (€10m), while its budget is believed to have been $35m (€25m).
Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges' supernatural summer blockbuster 'R.I.P.D.', which boasts the biggest budget on the list - $130m (€95m) - ranked ninth.
Other movies which earned the dubious honours include 'Parker', starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez, and 'Broken City' with Mark Wahlberg.
1. 'The Fifth Estate' - Budget: $28 million, Global box office: $6 million, Return: 21%
2. 'Bullet to the Head' - Budget: $25 million, Global box office: $9 million, Return: 36%
3. 'Paranoia' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $13.5 million, Return: 39%
4.' Parker' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $17 million, Return: 49%
5. 'Broken City' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office:$19 million, Return: 54%
6. 'Battle of the Year' - Budget: $20 million, Global box office: $11 million, Return: 55%
7. 'Getaway' - Budget: $18 million, Global box office: $10.5 million, Return: 58%
8. 'Peeples' - Budget: $15 million, Global box office: $9 million, Return: 60%
9. 'R.I.P.D.' - Budget: $130 million, Global box office: $78 million, Return: 60%
10. 'The Big Wedding' - Budget: $35 million, Global box office: $22 million, Return: 63%