Sheryl Crow has been granted a temporary restraining order against a man who publicly threatened to shoot the Grammy-winning singer-songwriter.
Crow said in a sworn statement that she was afraid of Phillip Sparks because he had claimed online that he believed Crow has stolen money from him and broken into his house.
She also stated Sparks recently told a worker at an entertainment union that he was going to “just shoot” her.
Crow obtained the order last week and it covers several family members, staffers and her two young sons.
The order requires Sparks, who could not be reached for comment, to stay 100 yards away from Crow and her family.
The stay-away order was issued on July 24 and was first reported today by celebrity website TMZ.
A worker at the Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists said in a declaration accompanying Crow's filing that she spoke to Sparks on July 16 and he made the threat against the 50-year-old Grammy-winning singer, who has two sons aged five and two.
He also threatened to shoot film executive Harvey Weinstein because he believed they were filming him and had stolen millions from him, the worker said.
A hearing on a three-year protective order is scheduled for August 14 in Santa Monica, California.