BBC bosses are hoping to line up Frank Bruno for the next series of 'Strictly Come Dancing', it was reported.
The former boxer, 48, was named by The People as the latest celebrity who could be waltzing his way to victory in the show.
Last week, sources said former MP Ann Widdecombe would be a contestant when the star-studded competition gets under way in September, along with former 'Good Life' star Felicity Kendal.
Rugby star Gavin Henson, the former fiancé of singer Charlotte Church, was also in talks about a role on the BBC One show.
Meanwhile the Sunday Telegraph reported 'Strictly' executives plan to replace fixed fees with a pay system based on how long the celebrities remain in the show.
It is understood the proposals are an attempt to avoid shelling out large sums of money for limited appearances, according to the paper.
A BBC spokesman said: “We don’t comment on salaries or salary structure, but we are committed to getting value for money in all areas of production, and of course, providing fantastic entertainment.”
The line-up of the hit ballroom show is the source of much speculation each year and the programme helped many stars to push their careers in a new direction.
Miss Widdecombe, 62, was approached to take part in the show in past years, but kept the door open by saying she would think about competing “once I’ve retired”.
An insider now said she is lined up for the show, along with Kendal, 63, who is best known for her role as Barbara Good in the 70s sitcom 'The Good Life'.
The BBC said it did not comment on speculation.