Irish presenter Graham Norton was confirmed today as Radio 2's replacement for Jonathan Ross -and joked that it would stop him spending too much time in the pub.
The 'Over The Rainbow' host will take over the Saturday morning slot in October following the departure of Ross in July.
Ross, who has been a weekend regular since 1999, is leaving the BBC after deciding not to renew his contract.
Norton had been tipped as a replacement and is already standing in on Radio 2 while breakfast host Chris Evans is on holiday. Evans has drawn a new record audience of 9.5 million listeners for his show after taking over from Terry Wogan.
Norton's new show - which begins on October 2 - will feature live musical performances and celebrity guests. Interim presenters are still be finalised.
Radio 2 controller Bob Shennan said: "Graham is one of the nation's favourite entertainment presenters and I'm hugely excited to welcome him to his new permanent home on Radio 2."
Norton said: "I'm thrilled to be a part of it. My liver is also delighted that I'll now have an excuse to leave the pub early on a Friday night."
Shennan also paid tribute to outgoing presenter's contribution to the station.
He said: "I'd like to thank Jonathan for making the Saturday morning slot on Radio 2 such a success over the past 11 years and, during that time, contributing fully to the renaissance of Radio 2."
Ross was suspended without pay for 12 weeks from October 2008 for his part in the so-called Sachsgate scandal.
He and Russell Brand left lewd messages on the answerphone of veteran actor Andrew Sachs during the recording of a Radio 2 show.
Brand resigned from the station following the prank.