Pavarotti opts to stay in hospital
Opera star Luciano Pavarotti has decided to remain in a Modena, Italy hospital, despite being given the all-clear by doctors to leave.
The tenor, 71, was admitted to the University Policlinico in northern Italy last Wednesday after suffering from a fever.
Pavarotti's manager initially said the singer would be checking out of the hospital "imminently", because doctors had "happily given him the go-ahead to leave hospital and resume his summer holiday".
However, his wife Nicoletta Mantovani later told the media outside the hospital that her husband had decided to stay a few days longer because he feels "more tranquil there than at home".
Pavarotti underwent surgery for pancreatic cancer last year and has since had at least five rounds of chemotherapy.



