Spotted on the Dolce & Gabbana runway and coveted by savvy stylistas, the shirt dress is having a moment and with good reason.
A closet classic with flexible appeal – its ability to segue across seasons and occasions with ease makes it a de facto must-have. Wear it as a shirt; wear it as a dress;
wear it as an overshirt and wear it well into winter.
It almost sounds too good to be true!
1. Maje ‘Radeau’ jacquard maxi dress, Net-a-Porter, €250
2. Tara Jarmon coral maxi dress, Stylebop, €450; now €315
3. Oversized twill shirt dress, & Other Stories, €75
4. Raoul ‘Spiga’ cotton-blend shirt dress, The Outnet, was €479.70; now €239.85
5. Victoria Victoria Beckham print relaxed poplin shirt dress, Brown Thomas, €450
6. ‘Alexis’ shirt dress, People Tree, €119
7. Iris and Ink ‘Adrienne’ printed silk shirt dress,The Outnet, €237
Wear unbuttoned as an overshirt with jeans, heels and a silky camisole.
Wear buttoned to the neck with box fresh trainers and a leather backpack.
Wear boho style with Grecian sandals and fine layered jewellery.
Wear layered into the cooler month with a fine polo neck and ankle boots.
Wear it with a leather jacket and love-worn biker boots.
Wear as an oversized shirt with skinny jeans and slip in mules.