* Looking for a great big table for a great big Christmas? Make it unashamedly modern with this 7 piece Lennox dining set. The table features a softening oak centre panel. If you fancy a closed metal leg like these, ease their slide with a soft rug. Priced for the season at €1,099 including six Halo chairs. Harvey Norman.
* A simple beauty, this porcelain antler decoration is ideal for a Scandinavian feel to your seasonal decorating. Try a free inspirational piece, by dip-dying small branches in white emulsion, drip-dry over newspaper and secure to a wreath, tree or drape with rough garden twine. Antlers €7, April & the Bear
* Founded in 1892, Foxford Woollen Mills in Co. Mayo is one of the last working mills in Ireland. Wear it, curl up with it, a pure lambswool throw is utter luxury and an ideal gift, priced from €90-€95. foxfordwoollenmills.com
* For something indulgent in jewellery make it Irish this year. Large silver pendant with gold detail, two champagne diamonds, an opal and a large baroque pearl on an eighteen inch sterling silver chain, €990 by Yvonne Ross Jewellery. yvonneross.com. For a more affordable pieces with equal class, try Tory Long’s gallery of gorgeous things. www.torylong.com
* The Ruray Mór (Big Ruray) is the newest addition to the Ruray Family by Shane Holland’s design workshop. Inspired by a legendary roaring wave off the Irish coast - Tonn Ruraigh or roaring wave was heard but never seen. Aluminium, steel, and available in black, white or graphite, €830, www.shanehollandesign.com