VIDEO: American man and friends set off fireworks in locked up garage. Bad idea

Across the Atlantic in the United States yesterday there were celebrations for the country’s Independence Day.

VIDEO: American man and friends set off fireworks in locked up garage. Bad idea

Millions of Americans held parties and fireworks displays were set off around the whole nation.

Every year there are thousands of accidents related to fireworks in the States and this is one of the most dangerous stunts we have ever seen.

Chase Hardy and his friends decided, for reasons known only to themselves, to launch some fireworks in a locked up garage.

They let off a mortar shell while one of them sheltered behind some bags and the others stood back wearing helmets.

However, Hardy admits in the comments below his Youtube video that all involved suffered burns and indeed he shows off a rather sore looking burn on his arm to the camera at the end like a badge of honour.

He then turns to the camera and says, "Don't do that."

Well you shouldn't have in the first place, Chase.

More in this section

Click and connect: 100 places in Munster to shop locally this Christmas

#HomeAtHeart

We want to help you to connect with the people you love, but may not see, this Christmas.  Every Saturday, in the weeks leading up to Christmas, we will publish your messages in print and online, starting November 28.

Say it here, in the Irish Examiner.