1. This hamper is brimming with goodies such as nougat, lavender honey, fleur de sel, organic mirabelle jam, and...milk chocolate baguettes. Bon appetit. www.terroirs.ie
2. Just try not to fall in love with this Boltze heart mirror — I dare you. €64.99 available from Griffin’s Garden Centre, Dripsey, Cork. And you can book your visit to Santa on the special hotline, it’s very Christmassy out in Granny Griffin’s, real winter wonderland. http://www.griffinsgardencentre.ie
3. Add some elegance to your decorations this festive season. This glittery reindeer statue (€5) will go nicely beside the fireplace adding something special and unique to your decorations. Available now from all Heatons stores and online at www.heatonsstores.com.
4. Helen Daly hails from Cork and this is her bespoke “Funky” ceramic teapot, part of the Blue Sea range, and is priced at €135. Available from www.irishmadegifts.com.
5. After a prompt move from their Anglesea St shop up to new premises on 8 St Patrick’s Quay, Jackie and Connie in the Paint Pot are loving their central location. And they have lovely bits to browse. As well as the Annie Sloane chalk paint, they are stocking Lumieres Du Temps candles starting at €13.95, 100% natural, they make a cute gift idea. thepaintpot.ie.
6. It’s a month since the typhoon struck the Philippines and the death toll is in the thousands. As part of Plan Ireland’s Christmas gift appeal, they are offering gifts such as water kits and tents. This Christmas tree appeared by the roadside between Hernani & Batang in East Samar. Both villages were badly hit, suffering scores of deaths and 100% of buildings damaged or destroyed. Each day more shiny objects have appeared, clearly salvaged from the wreckage. Talk about Christmas spirit, very inspiring. Gifts are available at www.plan.ie/christmas
7. Carmel Marguire, at Cosyhome Art in Inch, co Wexford is building up a fan base with her gorgeous wooden wonders. The latest in her collection is this lovely 15” wooden hanging heart garland. It costs €20 plus p&p. You can order from www.facebook.com/cosyhome art.
8. ALL THE SONGS: The Story behind every Beatles Song by Philippe Margotin and Jean-Michel Guesdon hits the shops this month, by Black Dog & Leventhal at around €40. Paperback writers Margotin and Guesdon certainly aren’t — this is a large hardback tome weighing more than 2.5kg with 671 pages and 600 photographs ranging from rare black-and-white publicity stills to intimate colour shots of the musicians in the studios. Any Beatles fan would love this in their stocking — you’ll just have to buy an extra large one to make sure it fits. It is packed with trivia, tales and even discrepancies and mistakes in song recordings to listen out for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUzrPUrjZj4
9. This is a really nice gift for the writer in the family. Check out the fancy design, swit swoo. Cross has created this special edition Year of the Horse collection. The collection is available in ball point, €250, rolling ball, €300 and fountain pen, €400 with a solid 18ct gold, rhodium plated nib. From Keanes, Weir & Sons, Eason’s and www.cross.com.