The lacquered finish and sharp stripes make it an eye-catching piece that is sizeable enough to be used as a desk or in a hallway as a fabulous telephone table. And all for a mere €1,465 from www.frenchbedroomcompany.co.uk.
2 and 3. Who hasn't an old piece of forlorn furniture in their house, like this chest of drawers? Check it out after being upcycled using Annie Sloan Provence chalk paint. This paint is rather fab, it's eco-friendly with no odour, and is touch dry in 40 minutes. You can use it on any surface indoors or out without primer or preparation and it comes in a large range of unique colours from The Paint Pot. The paint costs €24 a litre. They offer upcycling furniture workshops too at their store in Anglesea Street, Cork.
4. Introduce the nautical theme into your interiors - without going overboard - with these sturdy anchor baskets, starting from €15, available from Boulevard Interiors in Douglas, 021 4898268.
5. This pretty baking cup called SOCKERKAKA by those crazy kids in Ikea comes in assorted colours and is perfect for zoning in on the cupcake frenzy that looks like it's here to stay. €3.80 for a pack of 6.
6. Inject a bit of Marrakesh magic with this bold rug, priced at €62.50 from Littlewoods.
7. Watch time slip by in style with these Ben De Lisi egg timers, prices start at €10, available from Debenhams.
8. These soft and cuddly octopi are fun baby rattles, handmade in Bangladesh, crocheted with soft 100% cotton and are machine washable. Even better, this is a fairly traded product, available from www.fairwindonline.com for €12.
9. Go mental for metalics with this super shiny John Rocha vase €13, available from Debenhams.
10. Bringing the magic of Irish tradition to life, the O Riain Pottery collection is available at Kilkenny stores nationwide. This saucy little brunette is my favourite, priced at €49.95.