About 280,000 toys sold in the UK have been recalled amid safety fears over detachable magnets.
Canadian manufacturer Mega Brands said production of the MagnaMan and Magtastik toys had been halted.
A company spokesman it had received 19 reports of magnets “coming loose” from its action figures.
“We’re recalling the items to be cautious but there is a potential risk of harm,” he said.
“Magnets found by young children can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause intestinal perforations or blockages, which can be fatal.”
The spokesman said 110,000 MagnaMans and 170,000 Magtastiks sold in the UK between January 2005 and December 2007 should be returned.
He added: “The MagnaMan is no longer in production and we’ve stopped production of Magtastik while we look into our options.”
The company said there had been one report of a three-year-old boy needing medical treatment to remove a magnet from his nasal cavity and another of an 18-month-old boy with a magnet in his mouth, which was not swallowed.
The spokesman said some of the company’s products include “small flexible parts embedded with magnets” which allow the parts to “connect to large, coloured metal balls”.
He said about 2.4 million products sold worldwide had been recalled.
One of the major UK retailers of the affected products was Toys R Us, he added.