Mumbai terror suspect gets lawyer

A lawyer has been appointed for the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai terror attacks.

A lawyer has been appointed for the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai terror attacks.

Appearing in court today via video link, Mohammed Ajmal Kasab was told that Anjali Waghmare will defend him.

The trial will resume at a special high-security court on April 6.

Kasab watched the hearing via a video link for security reasons.

Two other alleged Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives, Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, will also face trial for allegedly providing support for the terror strikes.

Ansari also said, via video, that he wanted state legal aid.

The terror strikes in Mumbai on November 26 last year killed 183 people and wounded over 700 others.

More in this section

IE_logo_newsletters

Select your favourite newsletters and get the best of Irish Examiner delivered to your inbox