Bale came cheaply says Real chief

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims the club did not pay over the odds for Gareth Bale despite the Welshman costing a world-record fee.

Bale came cheaply says Real chief

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez claims the club did not pay over the odds for Gareth Bale despite the Welshman costing a world-record fee.

The 24-year-old moved to Real from Tottenham earlier this month for 100million euros (£85.3million) after negotiations that lasted the entire summer transfer window.

You have reached your article limit. Already a subscriber? Sign in

Unlimited access starts here.

Try from only €0.25 a day.

Cancel anytime

More in this section

Sport

Newsletter

Sign up to our daily sports bulletin, delivered straight to your inbox at 5pm. Subscribers also receive an exclusive email from our sports desk editors every Friday evening looking forward to the weekend's sporting action.

Cookie Policy Privacy Policy Brand Safety FAQ Help Contact Us Terms and Conditions

© Examiner Echo Group Limited