It was indicated yesterday by sources at the club that one member of staff had been sacked and another was set to be disciplined, after reports to that effect emerged in the Welsh media.
But it is now understood the situation is ongoing, and no one has yet been dismissed on what has been a hectic day at Cardiff City Stadium.
Cardiff manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer dismissed any suggestion of involvement by any member of his squad while chairman Mehmet Dalman has been in contact with the Premier League over an incident arising from the Palace game. Cardiff, it is thought, have complained to the Premier League about the circumstances surrounding the alleged leaking of their team ahead of last Saturday’s clash. Palace won 3-0.
Palace sporting director Iain Moody worked for Cardiff until earlier this season. It’s reported that Cardiff believe Moody might have used his contacts at the Welsh club — or close to Cardiff — to find out which players would start against Palace.
Moody, though, refuted the allegations as “incredibly, extraordinarily untrue”.
Asked about the allegations at his pre-Southampton press conference yesterday, Solskjaer said: “My week has been on how we can give ourselves the best chance against Southampton. I think I have seen every one of my players and I don’t doubt anyone’s pride, honesty, loyalty, integrity, professionalism. They have all been fantastic.
“I have built my life on loyalty and honesty, and those are the values I get from my mum and dad. But in football you need to stick together and learn together, and this week has proved that more than anything.
“I have no reason to doubt any of my player’s professionalism, or honesty, integrity or loyalty. I have said what I have said, and the rest will come from Mehmet.
“I am not talking about Crystal Palace. We’ve got Southampton, and that’s my job to get ready for that game. When you are in a football club, you stick together.”