City yesterday finally confirmed the arrival of the Chilean as replacement for Roberto Mancini.
The 59-year-old has signed a three-year deal at the Etihad Stadium after leaving Spanish club Malaga.
Mancini paid the price for City’s regression after winning the Premier League in 2012 and the club see Pellegrini as the man to deliver improved style and substance.
Pellegrini said: “Everyone knows if you arrive at a club like Manchester City you need to win titles.
“I think Manchester City have invested a lot of money to improve the squad every year and try, every year, to win titles.
“They were not successful in winning some titles but I am sure we are going to win — maybe the Premier League, the Champions League. We will try to win a lot.
“My first message is to tell all the supporters they will enjoy the season. I am sure they will enjoy the way our team will play. We will play an attractive, offensive play.”
Pellegrini’s appointment has been widely expected since Mancini was sacked a month ago, with speculation linking him with the club beginning even before the Italian’s exit.
Confirmation was anticipated soon after his final game with Malaga on June 1.
Now after a delay, reportedly linked to the terms of his exit from the Spanish club, it has been announced he will officially begin work at City on June 24.
Pellegrini has more than 25 years’ of managerial experience in South America and Spain and has taken Malaga and Villarreal to the latter stages of the Champions League.
He spent a single season in charge of giants Real Madrid and is renowned for his man-management ability, an area the club had concerns about under Mancini.
Pellegrini said: “I think all my experience will help me at Manchester City.
“With Malaga I reached the quarter-final of the Champions League, with Villarreal also and the semi-final. I am sure we are going to have a very good season.
“I am sure, 100%, I will not have any problems (coming to) the Premier League. I will adapt without any problems.”
Pellegrini has a tough act to follow in Mancini, who despite failure to win silverware last season remained a fans’ favourite.
The Italian ended a 35-year trophy drought by overseeing FA Cup success in 2011 and he topped that by following up with dramatic Premier League success last year.
His record in the Champions League did let him down, however, with two group-stage exits.
Pellegrini said: “I think Roberto did a great job here in Manchester. It is not easy to win the title after 44 years. But I think we start now a new cycle, a new style of club, adding to what Roberto has done over the years.
“I hope Manchester City will start another way of playing football.
“I am sure we have the best squad in the Premier League. We have wonderful players and can win important titles in the next three or four seasons.”
In other management news yesteday, Wigan have confirmed the appointment of Owen Coyle as Roberto Martinez’s successor.
Martinez led the club to memorable FA Cup glory last season but opted to leave after they also suffered relegation from the Barclays Premier League.
Coyle said: “Everybody recognises Wigan as a fantastic club with a chairman who wants to get back in the Premier League.
“It was a blow to lose that status and we will look to get it back as quickly as possible.
“It’s a great opportunity and one I am looking forward to.”