The Scotland midfielder completed his £6.75 million (€7.6m) transfer on Thursday night — six months after the Reds first tried to sign him.
Blackpool held onto their prized asset in an attempt to stave off the threat of relegation but when that failed, he made it clear he wanted a move to Anfield.
That has now become a reality and Dalglish is looking forward to the 25-year-old reproducing the kind of displays — scoring 13 goals — which made him a stand-out performer for the Seasiders last season.
“We’re delighted our patience has paid off,” said Dalglish.
“We tried to sign Charlie in January. Blackpool wanted to keep him, which is understandable because they were trying to maintain their status in the Premier League.
“Our interest never went away. Both the club and Charlie have been patient, and then Blackpool’s circumstances changed because they were relegated.
“We’re looking forward to Charlie being a success here.
“He made a huge contribution to Blackpool’s team last year and we’re looking forward to him making the same contribution here. We know what he’s got and that’s why he was such a success last year in the Premier League.”
Having tied defender Glen Johnson and Andre Wisdom to new contracts in the last couple of days, youngster John Flanagan has become the latest player to agree a new deal.
The 18-year-old impressed at the end of last season in seven first-team appearances when he was thrust into the action because of injuries.
“It’s great for everybody,” said Dalglish, who handed the teenager his debut at home to Manchester City.
“The contract he’s got is a reward for the work that he’s done.
“He just needs to continue to build on the good start he’s made.’’
Meanwhile Liverpool’s principal owner John Henry has admitted their preferred option of redeveloping Anfield may not be possible as there are “so many obstacles”.
The issue of whether to leave their home of over 100 years has been a thorny one since it became apparent the new stadium in Stanley Park promised by former owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett was never going to materialise.
When Fenway Sports Group took control of the club last October they set about reassessing whether Liverpool could remain at a redeveloped Anfield — as their baseball franchise the Boston Red Sox had done at their historical home of Fenway Park.
But Henry has accepted there are a number of difficulties, from financial, logistical and geographical points of view, associated with revamping Anfield into a 60,000-plus capacity arena.
“Anfield would certainly be our first choice. But realities may dictate otherwise. So many obstacles...” he wrote on Twitter.
However, the club have distanced themselves from reports which suggested they were already resigned to building a new ground.
“The club’s position on the stadium issue remains unaltered and no decision has been made,” said a spokesman.